Monday, March 4, 2013

Why I Love My Husband

If you talked to me four years ago, I would have told you that I would NEVER get married.  Fast forward to now, I'm a newlywed in an amazing relationship that I never thought could exist.  My husband made a believer out of me and continues to show me how much he loves me, even from overseas.

I felt like this weekend I missed my husband more than usual.  It took a little extra motivation for me to keep going....  The distance is the biggest challenge I'm facing and I'm sure it's a major one for other military spouses too.  We've barely only spent two months apart - and I'm still in a funk.

I know I shouldn't be complaining, especially when this is the life I chose for me.  The love we have for each other definitely supersedes the distance and when we are together again, all the waiting will be worth it.  My husband is even doing everything he can to send love my way now.  I wrote about his Valentine's surprise in a Loving a Soldier blog post here

Anyway, I thought it would also be beneficial to remind myself why I love my husband.  Not just what he's doing now, but what he did throughout our relationship when we were close.  Here it goes, 10 reasons why I love my husband (what I can think of on the top of my head, at least...):

1. He makes me laugh.  It's really important for me to maintain some silliness in my life, so I love that we have lots of inside jokes that can brighten my day with just the mention of them.

2. He has a kind heart and he's really sensitive to my feelings.  Before meeting my husband, I didn't think a sensitive man existed.  He really takes my thoughts into a count and it's really comforting to know that he's always with me putting things into perspective.

3. He constantly calls me beautiful.  What a difference one word makes. 

4.  We both love an adventure.  I absolutely love that we're energetic and maintain excitement in our relationship by trying new things and seeing new sights.  I really look forward to our future adventures.

5.  He's good on the eyes.  I think my husband is smokin'.  'Nuff said.

6.  He's a man of honor.  He has a lot of discipline and an amazing work ethic that is tough to beat.  I love his motivation and sense of pride in his job.

7.  His smile.  That deserves it's own call-out.  One smile my direction - and I'm mush. 

8.  He's a romantic.  Don't let his tough guy attitude fool you.  Underneath it all, he's a lovey-dovey man that writes me sweet phrases every once in a while.

9.  He loves me for me and admires my motivation.  It's a two way street and I take pride in our relationship.  We both actively put in to help each other out always.

10.  Lastly, he just radiates love.  Even when we're arguing or can't see eye-to-eye at times, I still feel the amount of love coming from him.  No matter what, I know we'd always come out of it stronger and more in love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs