Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Tax Man

Phew!

My long and lengthy tax journey is finally coming to a close!  It's been a little bit of a situation because my husband is still considered a resident of Massachusetts and I'm a resident of New York.  I was hoping to do everything online for us because we don't really have any other complications with our income (don't own any property, etc.).  Well, as I was starting to do our taxes on TurboTax, we couldn't file jointly and then separately on our state returns.

Check out my MilPages story on how I came to find the process I used using this link
Anyway, once I set-up my appointment with H&R Block, I had to wait for my tax professional to process our paperwork.  This time of year gets really busy for them, so it took a couple of weeks for him to get our situation together.  That's why I'm so excited today!  I just got done with my appointment and I'm ready to mail the state forms!  I signed my husband's tax return on his behalf and mine is all set!  I have to digitally sign our federal return online and that's it!  It will feel sooooo good when I get all of it finalized completely!

Anyway, if you're still trying to figure out how to file, you should definitely read what I have on MilPages.  I wanted to be able to share my tax journey with everyone and hopefully it can help in some capacity for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs