Monday, March 25, 2013

Tuition Assistance is Back for Military Members


It's funny how things work out.  I originally wrote a piece for MilPages that encouraged military family members to sign a couple of petitions floating around the Internet to reinstate tuition assistance.  One petition is on the official government petition site called "We the People" and another is on Change.org.  To me, this is awesome because now we immediate (and easy to access!) ways to voice our opinion, especially on the topics that are important to us.  My argument was that is we sign the petition and stress the importance of certain programs, it would motivate government officials to see how we feel. 

As I was waiting for my story to run on the site, breaking news happened - the tuition assistance program was voted to be saved by Congress!  It was the best news of the week!  I thought about the piece I wrote and decided to rework it.  Of course, what I wrote the first time around is now a moot point!

It's reassuring to know that our voice is heard.  The senators that lobbied for the program recognized how critical it is and worked within Congress to make a difference.

Read more about it on MilPages!




Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I get goose bumps reading this post! How often do the people actually prevail? It feels awesome to be a part of it, and I couldn't be happier to have TA back for the men and women serving our country who truly do deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a win! Although things won't be 100% the same, it's still nice that there are people out there helping military folks! Thanks for your comment Rachel (btw, you have an awesome name!). :-)

      Delete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs