Monday, May 13, 2013

A very special weekend in Austin, Texas

I am SO unbelievably happy!  On Saturday, I had the honor of standing next to my near and dear childhood friend as she said, "I do" to her sweetheart.

It was such a whirlwind trip.  I flew in late Thursday night and went straight to bed.  Before I left for Texas, I went to the doctor and got antibiotics prescribed for my sinus infection.  I could barely speak Thursday because my throat was so scratchy!  Luckily, I didn't have to do much talking on Friday.  During the wedding rehearsal, I just had to practice my part and walk down the aisle!

It was such a happy and emotional time, especially for me because I've known her for so long!  I was there at the beginning of her relationship with her now husband almost 10 years ago!!

My parents attended the wedding as well as some other childhood friends of ours.  Also, I met some fantastic people that are now a part of my life!  I just had the time of my life at my friend's wedding!  I can't wait to see all the professional pictures!!  I wish I would have taken more, but I was busy running around!
Old high school friends!
I left Sunday afternoon, so I was able to have a special Mother's Day brunch with my mom.  I wanted to make sure I left on the latest possible flight.  Despite my sinus infection, this weekend was one of the best that I've had in a long while!  This month has been fabulous so far!  I'm not going to let a little congestion get in my way!!
My amazing mom and I!
 I've also done everything in my power to celebrate my mom through the interwebs!  Check out a quote from me on a bloggy friend's Mother's Day feature on Her and Nicole.  Also, the awesome website Next Gen MilSpouse let me share my thoughts on my rock star mom.  Have you seen it?!

Here's some bonus pictures that proves my mom is a rock star (circa early-1980s)!





Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend!!!! :) Love the pictures of your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! It was actually a friend of mine named Jen that got married! :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend - you looked amazing and yay for getting to celebrate with your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a perfect weekend! Those pictures of your mom are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy that my mom shared those great pictures! lol

      Delete
  4. How fun!! You looked beautiful! And, it is so special getting to be there for your friend on their big day. And, you mom!! I LOVE those pictures! How awesome.

    ReplyDelete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs