Friday, March 29, 2013

Arizona Adventures Part 2!

Happy Friday!

It's the last Friday of March, so I've decided that I'm going to share my last trip to Arizona!  It was also the last time I saw my soldier before we got married (lots of lasts!).  I flew out of NYC after work Wednesday night and landed midnight at Phoenix on Thanksgiving day.  We stayed the night at a hotel close to the airport, so we can easily wake-up early to drive south to Sierra Vista, where Fort Huachuca is located.  We decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner at the dining facility with other families.  They had a special spread for soldiers and their families for only about 8 bucks.  I'm a bit bummed because I didn't take any pictures of the food displays.  I was obviously focused on eating as much food as possible!

The next day, we decided to hike through Ramsey Canyon Preserve again.  We briefly hiked through the trails when my soldier and I PCSed to Arizona.  The area was closing and we only had a half an hour to look around - not really much time to absorb all the beautiful sights.  This time, we spent hours going through all the trails and even decided to hike up the summit!  The summit we hiked is called Miller Peak, the highest peak in the Huachuca Mountains.  We climbed up as much as we could before we got too tired because we realized we needed to save our energy for the way down too.  It was actually difficult to go down!  All the pictures I have from the hike definitely doesn't give the scenery justice.  The area is gorgeous and the mountains were so lush and vivid!









My husband planned a trip out to Tombstone the following day.  The city is only 20 miles away from Sierra Vista, which makes it an easy drive.  As we were driving, I saw a tumbleweed, so...

 ...I made my husband stop and I took a picture.  I don't see those very often, especially driving down a residential area!  :-)  When we arrived at Tombstone, it was like a blast from the past.  The town kept true to their "western" roots and the locals even dressed the part!  There were horses "parked" at the sides of the street as if their rider is in one of the nearby saloons.




Despite Arizona taking away my husband because of training, I was able to have a good time with him.  It gave me an opportunity to experience new things that I wouldn't have had the chance to do otherwise - and it made it extra special because I was with my husband.  Of course, at the time, we were just engaged!  :-)  A lot has happened since my last time in Arizona!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I am in love with Arizona. We were only there for a hot minute, but it's just so beautiful and peaceful there! Such great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your comment Julie! You and the hubby should plan on visiting AZ again! :-)

      Delete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs