Thursday, November 7, 2013

FREE Gowns for Military Brides

The Brides Across America program is very near and dear to me because I'm a BAA bride!

Last Veterans Day, I went to Pennsylvania with my band of bridesmaids (only two couldn't make it!) to a free bridal gown event. It was such a whirlwind experience, but so humbling that bridal salons nationwide participated to support military brides. (I've shared about my experiences before in a past blog post here.)  As y'all know, my husband and I had a civil ceremony last December and scheduled a formal ceremony for when he returns this coming January!

During my visit last year, I found my dream wedding dress. It was a surreal moment and so exciting! Thanks to the program, I was able to take home a designer dress home with me for FREE!

I wanted to share with you this language that I pulled from their website's "About Us" page:
"Military Brides don't always get their dream wedding. Some brides have to give up their wedding due to their fiancées getting deployed quickly. In other cases, brides have a civil ceremony and then await years for their fiancée to return home to finally have their wedding day. Heidi wants to make a difference by giving those in need the and help those troops that are fighting for our country get the wedding they deserve. Brides Across America efforts is part of the Oprah Winfrey's Angel Network and support Patriot Rovers organization."


Doesn't it sound familiar!? You can even still receive a dress if you and your spouse plan on renewing vows, etc. even after a wedding. They are all for making your "bridal" dreams come true.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to FINALLY wear my dress this January and show it off to my husband. And, to continue to share my story on how one organization truly made a different in my life!

If you know somebody that is planning a wedding or someone that intends to renew vows with their spouse or if it's even yourself looking for a dress!!, check out the site for participating locations!

Just for fun, here is the newspaper article I was quoted in last year: http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/courier_times_news/military-brides-get-free-gowns/article_f406fd45-ad8c-5f80-882d-f147c169b0f3.html



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs