Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just Because Flowers

It's really been a whirlwind week for me. A week ago today, my husband's mom had a heart attack. A flood of emotions immediately came to me when I listened to the message from my husband's sister. I was shocked at first and then worried. I wanted to just rush over to Boston to help and I wished my husband wasn't in Korea so he could come with me.

I can't ever begin to explain how I felt. Now, flash forward a week, his mom is recovering and needs to go in for another surgery.

What worried me at the beginning is what would happen if something worse happened. My husband is all the way on the other side of the world. We talked about what we would do and how to go about it. If any tragedy happens in your family, you should know to contact the Red Cross. Luckily for us, we didn't have to go that far, but I didn't know what to do before this happened.

I wanted to go to Boston to visit, but that didn't end up happening. With everything going on, it was too much.

Outside of the family emergency, my husband and I have been really anxious lately. We're reaching our breaking point on every side and just cannot wait for the tour to end. Sometimes, I can't help but get frustrated by the distance and the amount of time we've spend apart. So far, in the last 280 days, I've only spent 10 of them with him. By the time the year is out, we would have spent 355 days apart. I definitely understand that lots others have endured longer tours and deployments, but a year is a REALLY long time and I'm just SO ready for it to be over.

Today, my husband surprised me. I was sent a dozen roses just because. In my opinion, he sent them because of everything going on, but I'll still give him credit for being a great husband!

Sliver lining: we are at the homestretch!


Our dining room table.


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel! Going through something like this is so incredibly hard! I am so sorry you have to go through it without your husband. Wishing his Mom a very speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's mom. I hope she is well soon. I know being away from your husband at a time like this has to be hard. I hope the days fly by for you and you are reunited with your husband soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost over, pull those big girl pants back up!! You've got this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my big girl pants are around here somewhere!! :)

      Delete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs