Thursday, August 29, 2013

Homeward Bound Plus #tbt

Circa 1992 (Wow, I'm old!)
This time tomorrow, I'll be on a jet plane to my homeland of Texas. Texas is very special to me because not only do my parents currently reside there, I spent a majority of my childhood in the Lone Star State Yes, I was a military brat and got to live in pretty sweet places, but when my dad got an assignment in Austin, Texas, my parents made plans to set roots.  Austin is where my parents purchased their first ever home (and they even still live in that amazing house). The picture above was the lot my parents bought before the house was built! Before it was finished, we stayed in an apartment and closely monitored the construction to completion.  It was an incredible experience, which I still remember!

It's probably obvious, but I'm the little girl that's running all over the place in the back and the two amazing women standing in the driveway are my grandma and mom.

My trip to Texas is two-fold. First off, I wanted to make a couple trips down there so I can do wedding stuff. My soldier and I are getting married - again :) - in my childhood church, so I'm down there for some appointments. Also, my dad's birthday is this Monday and with the holiday, I thought this weekend would be a perfect one!

AHHHH, I'm incredibly excited to be home again, even if the weather is going to be 100+ degrees! :)



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Visiting the place you grew up is always a great trip! It's so cool to see how the place has and hasn't changed over the years. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs