Friday, February 15, 2013

I love my soldier...

...and I love my job!

Here's a little bit why I'm starting this blog:

Ever since I was a young girl, it was a dream of mine to live and work in New York City.  Well, fast forward to today, and I'm now a 26 year-old PR Professional living and working in New York City!

I've also been quite the story teller.  I started a private journal at age 7 (and still have it to till day)!  I would document what I did for the day, from I went to school to I went on vacation.  It was very interesting stuff for a 7 year-old.  Anyway, I think one reason why I felt so compelled to write is because of the life I was leading.  I am an only child with my father in the Air Force.  Writing gave me a reason to occupy my time and feel fulfilled.  We would also travel a lot and it was another way for me to remember my experiences.  My parents always made me feel loved and even with my dad being away a lot, he never failed to give my all the necessities needed for a rambunctious girl.  Looking back at my childhood despite all the moves and loneliness, I wouldn't have it any other way.  It has made me the person I am today - a determined independent happy adult!

Well, I've never stopped writing down my story.  Over the last 20 some-odd years, I've accumulated numerous journals and actually made a career in communications.

When I met my soldier, I didn't know how much it would influence my life.  I gained a life partner and a strong deep love for another human being, but I'm also learning to balance my personal objectives with the Army life I've married into.  The idea of change is scary, especially when I worked so hard to get to where I am today.  The more I think about what I have with my soldier, the more excited I am for our life ahead!

In this blog, I'm hoping to share with you my journey.  Not only as an avenue to occasionally vent, but hopefully education others in the things I learn from being a milspouse.

Till next time,
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs