Sunday, April 28, 2013

What I miss about Texas...to be particular, Austin


I call Austin, Texas my home.  That's where my still parents live, where I've made fantastic memories with friends and where I've experienced a lot of my childhood.  I'm very particular to Austin and love it there so much!

You might ask, then why move out?  What compelled you to move to NYC?

My answer: Austin will always be there.  I wanted to experience new and exciting things and explore a new and spectacular city.  I'm very excited to be planning a(nother) wedding with my husband in my hometown when he gets back.  I'll be walking down the aisle of my childhood church with my dad.  I will wear the same veil my mom wore on her wedding 30 years ago.  I'm so excited!

I've been missing my hometown lately.  I think it has something to do with the weather here in NYC.  Luckily, it's been very nice this weekend, but before it's been pretty chilly!

Anyway, here's what I miss the most about Austin!

1. My parents (obviously!)

2. My friends (sort of another obvious answer...haha)

3. Authentic Tex-Mex food: I'm a huge fan of Chuy's restaurant, an Austin Classic! and the hubs loves Texican Cafe. They both have amazing food!!

4. Good ol' Texas Barbeque: The hubs and I went to Lamberts Downtown Barbecue for our private wedding dinner.  It's a bit on the pricy side, but don't underestimate delicious gourmet awesomeness!  Don't forget Rudy's too!  Rudy's even ships now!

5. Barton Creek Greenbelt: It gets so green and lush - and during the spring and summer time, it's perfect to go swimming!!

6. Schilitterbahn: This is technically in New Braunfels, which isn't terribly far - and they have military discounts! If you're in the area, I totally recommend going!

7. Texas State Capital: It's an impressive building.  I read somewhere they it's the biggest capital building under the national capital.



8. Texan pride!: There is a reason our state slogan is "Don't Mess with Texas." :-)




Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love living in new places! I lived in Vegas my whole life until I married Kyle and we got sent to NC. Now we are in El Paso and love it!! :) I love that you mentioned Schlitterbahn, we are going there this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! You'll have a blast at Schlitterbahn! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! I'm living in San Antonio right now, and I wish I lived in Austin. It's such a great town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I always had a blast in SA too! Y'all have Sea World and Six Flags! Growing up, I had season passes to both!! :-)

      Delete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs