Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation 5K at Yankee Stadium


What an awesome run!

Several months ago, I mentioned that I planned on participating in the Damon Runyon 5K at Yankee Stadium.  Well, the day came and gone (this past Sunday!) - and I had such a great time!  This run used Yankee Stadium as its course.  We went up and down the stairs and ramps in addition to running on the warning track on the field!

The Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation is a unique organizations that provides funding for the brightest young scientists in their research in all types of cancer!  100% of all the proceeds that are donated to the foundation goes straight to the scientists and their research.

Read more about it here.

Of course, I didn't take many pictures as I was doing the run, but managed to take a few when we were handing out in the suite boxes of the stadium.

The "before" picture: My friend Mel and I participated in the race (as well as other members of Team Fearless)!.
They did have an official photographer there and I did order some photos, so I'll be sure to share more with you as I get them!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs