Thursday, June 6, 2013

Run for the Warriors in NYC!

 
I'm gearing up for this Saturday's Hope for the Warriors run!!

Yesterday, I tried out the Nike + running app.  It's pretty neat because I love to listen to music as I work out and when you're listening and achieve a certain distance - it would notify you on it and your running pace!  I'm very impressed at the rate my running as improved.  I managed to run 3 miles in 30 minutes!  Hopefully I can keep it up and finish this Saturday!

I'm VERY nervous because I haven't done anything in this capacity in a LONG time.  Plus, I'll be doing the run by myself (with special friends waiting for me at the finish line though!).

Anyway, Hope for the Warriors is a fantastic organization!  Here is the link to my donation page in case you were interested to contribute!

MISSION (from the website):
The mission of Hope For The Warriors® is to enhance the quality of life for post-9/11 service members, their families, and families of the fallen who have sustained physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty. Hope For The Warriors® is dedicated to restoring a sense of self, restoring the family unit, and restoring hope for our service members and our military families.
Wish me luck!!



Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. You are going to do amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm following from the Military Spouse Blog Hop! I love your blog layout :)

    Kelly
    http://hiccupsandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs