Sunday, June 9, 2013

Big Apple Run for the Warriors

Yesterday, I had an amazing time at the Hope for the Warriors Big Apple run!  I woke up bright and early to head down to Wagner Park in Battery Park City.  The night before, actually the whole entire day yesterday, was raining continuously!  The forecast said it would clear up, but I was still a little weary. 

It ended up being a beautiful morning!

 
 At first, I was really nervous to do the run by myself.  I've been running straight through on my own for awhile, but there was still a part of me that worried I wouldn't finish the run.  I was pretty pumped when I made the turnaround on the course!  I had a delightful view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and New Jersey from the track.

When I approached the finish line, I actually slowed down because I was relieved I was almost done.  Then, I saw my girlfriends in the corner, screaming and yelling!  It was awesome to have them there to support me!

It's also been a long while since I've been in Lower Manhattan!  We got a chance to look at the Freedom Tower from a different angle.  They were saying next year the race would start and end at the base of the Freedom Tower.  I might have to participate next year too!!!




Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun race!! I love running new races!

    New follower and fellow military wife :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs