Friday, April 5, 2013

I'm SO Glad it's Friday

TGIF! 

This week has been the worst!

Earlier this month, our email host notified us that they were terminating our service.  I did all the appropriate research to find a better and more affordable email host.  First, I started migrating the emails of my colleagues, transferring our domain name and establishing our name servers for our new email with our new host.  Of course, whatever could go wrong did go wrong.  My boss was on vacation last week, so I just spend a lot of time on the phone and getting all the information together.  I was under the impression that our domain transfer was in the process because it takes about 4-6 days to successfully transfer a domain name from one host to another, so I let it do its thing...or so I thought.

Well, the transfer never initiated from our old provider.  They put a lock on our account and we weren't properly notified.  On Monday, my boss' first day back and officially 4 days later, I checked in with our old provider and that's when I found out the problem.  I was LIVID.  We were NEVER notified that the transfer failed.  In addition, our email service was scheduled to be terminated 3/31, but for some unknown reason, it kept at it for a majority of the week.

Throughout the week though, I've spent hours talking to our old domain host and our new domain host, trying to figure out the problem.  The issue really was with our old provider because they just had a very backwards way of validating and confirming information.  My boss set up the domain name ten years ago!  So, finding all the applicable passwords and log-in info felt like a wild goose chase!

Totally not blaming anybody and I like to think I kept my cool for all is this.  Sorry to rant so much and bore you with my ridiculous problem!  That is the reason why I've been so silent this week.  When I would get home from work, I would just be too exhausted to think.  The last thing I wanted to do was collect my thoughts at the end of the day.  Have you ever had one of those weeks?

Anyway, as of now, the email issue is behind me.  Business is almost back to normal.  I am just SO thankful the weekend is here!

4 comments:

  1. May you have a peaceful, restful, FUN weekend. Especially after the week you have had! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great weekend too Pam! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Yes to second Pam, I hope you have a very stress free and relaxing weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! So far so good...just got done with some retail therapy! :-)

      Delete

 
Content Copyright The Professional Army Wife | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs